Wednesday, July 16, 2008

i went paintballing!



On tuesdays jacob plays speed ball with some friends of his down by the provo airport. I tagged along hoping to get a few good pictures. Well, somewhere between our apartment and the field, i lost my mind and in a moment of weakness i decided to play too! OUCH!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, it is actually kind of fun when you aren't getting hit. i have come to the conclusion though, that paintballing should be left to the boys. Jacob said that he couldn't have any fun when i was playing with him because he was always scared that i would get hurt. For the most part i did really well. In fact most of my hits are from the people who shot me as i was walking over to see if i had been shot. I had my gun in the air and i yelled "paint check" just like the guys told me to so that no one would shoot me (i guess it is like calling a time out for yourself) and as i walk up to jacob to see if i had actually been hit, a guy shoots me in the leg right behind my knee and then another guy hits me on my cheek (not the cheek on my face, if you catch my drift!) I wanted to cry so bad. However, i was determined not to shed a tear in front of like thirty boys, how embarrassing would that have been. I also got shot on my arm, it felt like a bee sting. I'm glad jacob found another thing to do with his boys but from now on i think the only shooting i'll do is with my camera.

2 comments:

alina said...

oh, poor Bree, i would have cried! if only to make those boys feel bad for breaking the rules and hitting you on your time out! sheesh!but i am a drama queen that way!LOL! brave, sweet Bree! and you thought the chickens were dangerous! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Gutsy move, I wouldn't go paint balling for anything!! You are a brave soul. I'm glad you had fun, now you can persuade your hubby to do some girly thing you like, maybe?