Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Friends at work





Before anyone begins to wonder...YES, i did get permission to publish these pictures! I feel kinda bad, all of my friends and families blogs all focus on their children and how cute and funny they all are, and mine isn't. But just because i don't have kids yet doesn't mean that i don't get a buddle of laughs, frustrations and kodak moments. These are some of my specail frineds that i get the opportunity to spend time with every day! As most people know i work full time for a company called "Rise". I work with eight adults total who suffer from some sort of mental illness and most also have some type of physical/mental handicap. I am DCP or officially known as a "direct care proffessional" my main responsibilites are recreational therapy and community reassimulation. The people i work with are a handful but they all make me smile in their own ways. I spend most of my time with Tom, he is such a jokester and loves calling the police with some made up emergency or locking me out of his apartment when i try to pick up the mail. He is a polka fan and as he puts it likes to "shake his Tutu" to the music! Elaine is super funny and likes to sing...LOUD, very very loud! She is always telling me that if i tan long enough then i could be beautiful chocolate brown just like her! Dinita, or as i like to call her "D" is a homemaker, she loves to quilt and knit and make dinners and will be the first person to tell you if you put the fork on the wrong side of the plate (i didn't even know that there was a right side!) Together these friends of mine make for a very adventurous household with never a dull moment!!!!

2 comments:

alina said...

oh its fun to put faces to the names of your "crazys" (and i mean that in a endearing way!) i think you would be beautiful in chocolate brown and might just have Shawn photo shop that for me!

Abram and Ashley said...

I'm glad I found your blog! It looks like you are enjoying life like you should! Next time I'm in Utah I will have to find you!