Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day feast


I am so proud of myself! i know that pride cometh before the fall and all of that jazz but really, no joke i made the best Father's Day dinner for Jacob and i am beyond excited! Over the last year i really have been trying to improve and expand my cooking ability and i must admit it hasn't been a cake walk. I really wanted this dinner to be perfect to show Jacob how much i really appreciate and love him. I made a steak and shrimp dinner over rice and cooked asperagus (no idea how to spell that!) It was amazing! I tried cooking the steak with a homemade marinade instead of bbq sauce like i normally do so that the flavor of the cow wouldn't clash with the shrimp and lucky for me it all worked out prefectly. I also made one of jacob's favorite desserts...Carrott Cake! Life is good when dinner is a hit!

1 comment:

alina said...

wow Bree! aren't you becoming little Mrs. domesticated! i have never even attempted a dinner like that for Shawn and we have been married almost 10 years! lol you're making me look bad!